[at-l] Day #3 in Franklin, NC

Hi everyone! We're still here in Franklin, NC, staying warm and dry
along with about 25 other thru-hikers who have escaped the bitter cold
temperatures up in the mountains. We're having a wonderful time, meeting
lots of new people, eating great southern cooking, and relaxing!
Cheryl's knee now has a new brace, which will hopefully keep things
together for the next stretch through to Fontana Dam and then into the
Smokies. We're anxious to get going again after 3 days off, but not
anxious to spend another night in 0 degree temps. A "warm front" is
heading our way on Saturday, so we're heading out tomorrow morning and
should be in Fontana Dam in about 6 or 7 days. We have met many of the
ATML class of '98 (Cricket, Flamingo, Ultralight, Magaroni, Viking,
Dharma Bum & Yoon). Hope everyone back home is doing well. We should
have internet access in Hot Springs in a few weeks, so we'd love to hear
from family and friends (we may not be able to reply to everyone, but
would love to hear from everyone and see how you're doing). Thanks to
all who have sent messages previously. It was great to get 20+ new
messages when we arrived here. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Cheryl & Ron

     Solemates
Appalachian Trail '98
   Georgia to Maine

Solemates Home Page:

Our Trail Journal - Available after March 1, 1998
http://trailplace.com/c98journals/225gaudreau/index.html

Other "Class of '98" Trail Journals:
http://trailplace.com/c98journals/anniversary.html