[at-l] Franklin, NC - Hello

Hello From Franklin, NC
We are fine and having a grand ol' time here in Franklin,NC. We will be
staying here a day or two to avoid the record C-O-L-D snap. Cheryl's
knee is getting better but we may try to get a brace for it, to help her
out. Temps are below zero without figuring wind chill, and boy is there
wind at the altitude of the shelters. Hiking is OK but it is too cold at
night. Even "I" was cold and I am usually never cold.

Again we are doing fine and still having fun. Meeting great people on
the trail. Those on the ATML, AT-L, are Viking, Magaroni, Dharma Bum
(Heidi) and Yoon (John) and Terry Norton now "Ultralight" who also has a
journal on Trailplace. Have not seen Cricket or Flamingo, as they are
still behind us. We will be mailing our next journal entries soon, so
check out our journal page often. (See below for locations)

Thanks to the folks here at the Macon County Public Library for use of
the computer. You can sign up for 1 Hr use at a time.
Special thanks to:
Jeff Hubener and Jay Aleck for their help at Tesnatee Gap. (brought me
back to Neel's Gap for more food while we traveled slower the next week)
and to: Lennie and Gary at the Blue Berry Patch Hostel for letting us
stay two nights (they are just the most wonderful people you could ever
encounter anywhere)
Special Hello to Tiffani, and our families. Our thoughts are with you
every day.

Ron & Cheryl

    Solemates
Appalachian Trail '98