Re: [at-l] Knee exercises??

Amy Friends wrote:

> A while ago several people had posted exercises to strengthen the knees,
> which I know I saved, but have somehow now lost... could those who
> posted them, or those who might have saved them, repost them?  I'd
> really appreciate it!

Echo Mary Dotson's advise. Other good ideas are to walk stairs everytime
you can, extend and flex your knees (shoes on) while you are on the
phone, but certainly avoid deep knee bends or similar over flexion of
your knees, particularly with additional weight.

You might want to discuss where your knees hurt, the particular
activity, and discuss with a sports doc, orthopod, or physical therapist
how to rehab most effectively after an injury. (I enjoy pain on
downhills in the medial anterior aspect of my right knee with an
overladen pack by day 3)

Bill Thorneloe
Atlanta, GA