Re: [at-l] Bivy techniques

Charles Danforth wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm new on the list and this has undoubtedly been covered before:  What's
> the consensus on bivy bags?  Groundcloth or no groundcloth?  I'm figuring
> to bring a tarp as well to rig in solid rain (ouch) but for a light
> sprinkle...?

I don't use a bivy but I thought about one hard and heavy.
I planned to use a  ground cloth so that I would have someplace
to stand to get dressed/ undressed.  Sort of a 'clean room' to keep
debris from the nside.  When I actually tried a bivy, a preview
North Face hooped bivy, I freaked before I could actually zip
it closed.  Just too claustaphobic for me.  Lots of folks on the
list use them though.  But try before ya buy<G>.