Re: [at-l] iodine for a thru-hike

Disclaimer - I am no expert, I know nothing about this subject.  Or any
other subject for that matter.  Do not take what I say as "gospel" about
anything.

I understand that NASA is concerned about the Iodine consumption of its
astronauts.  To the point that they are trying to keep the Iodine that is
in the shuttle drinking water away from the crew.  Special filters and all
that.  Very concerned.  Talking about possible permanant thyroid dammage.
What I do know is that, while I may carry PolarPure as a backup, I will not
routinely iodate my water.

Ted the lurker

http://www.hack.net/lists *

Remove the blackhole to reply..