[at-l] hiking buddies/shuttles

Hey Folks,

Recently, I got it in my head (from some great trips I have taken recently) to
do some different hiking on the AT.  I love to go out every weekend and living
near the AT has given me the opportunity to do so.

However, recently I have discovered that hiking a few miles and then back to
my car is just not good enough. Weekenders have just not happened as often as
I would like. I was actually getting depressed when I left the trail, and
going backwards towards my car made me feel like I was only accomplishing
inches....I need more miles per day and I need help getting shuttles to enable
me to get in more miles.

What I would like to do is regular weekend day hikes from the Central Virginia
area to the Central PA area consisting of between 10- and 15-mile hikes.
Looking for people to join me or shuttle me.  I am adamant about hiking my own
hike, but am much more comfortable on trail knowing that someone is behind me
or ahead of me hiking "their own hike."  I would really like to get in some
miles before it gets hot.

Anyone up for planning some day hikes?

          choovers