[at-l] AT Superlatives

Today was my kind of day for a hike (not that I was hiking; I was walking
the dog).  The clouds simply ran across the sky and the wind gusted with
just enough cool in it to make me keep moving.  I could see in the park just
the barest hint-o-green beginning to creep up the trees and vines.

Of course this made me think of my favorite times on a trail ( like I've had
bad times when hiking, right?)

That's when the idea of hearing votes for Appalachian Trail Superlatives
popped into my head.  Anybody want to share their thoughts on the following
"categories"?  (Maybe this will amuse us 'till we can go get a hiking fix?!?)

It doesn't matter if you've thru-hiked or not.  If you have, just be aware
that you're whetting the appetite of those who haven't!

** most magnificent view, but not including Katahdin
** most "intimate" section of trail (you know, where the woods feel
absolutely cozy)
** most challenging uphill haul
** most challenging downhill haul
** Best view of a lake
** worst spot for insects
** Best chance to see a bear
** Best place to see a moose
** best shelter
** best road crossing to hitch a ride
** easiest 10-mile stretch of trail
** hardest 10-mile stretch of trail
** most surprising experience coming out of time spent on the AT
** most impressive river crossing
** most boring stretch of trail

Lynn