[at-l] Roadkill

Howdy Folks,

In all seriousness, roadkill whitetail is a semi-regular menu item at my
house here in Michigan when I'm lucky.  Picking them up off of the side of
highway is a regular social event around here as you must move fast or
someone else will beat you to it.  In Ohio, I understand, there are a
variety of organizations which combine efforts to provide the extra meat to
folks on public assistance but in Michigan it's a much more informal
affair.  When prepared by someone who knows what they are doing and
discards the appropriate parts, the leftover meat is fine eating for the
meat eaters among us.

Besides, they're really tender when you just nick them with the bumper
(okay, now I'm kidding  :-> ).  Life's too short for all this "beefin'".
Like others, I would like to apologize for inadvertantly contributing to
the "contentious" list atmosphere of late and hope that people who want to
spend time "eviscerating" each other (pun intended given post content) will
join me in declaring a cease fire from personal attacks.  I have very much
enjoyed this list for its very trail-like social atmosphere of live and let
live.

TTFN,

Chris Vreeland