Re: [at-l] National Park Foundation

It's been my experience that the most effective donation is one of time
spent on maintaining the AT or as a member of a club.  A direct cash
donation to a regional club goes farther than a direct cash donation to the
ATC.  Or maybe I should say, the money actually used on the trail is best
placed at the grass roots level. (pun intended).  The ATC is a great place
to donate as is the trust for AT lands, but I also donate time and money to
local maintaining clubs.

People who use our organizations to sell their services will pass these
costs onto us in some other ways (inflated mileage plans or elevated ticket
prices, so they may not be effective anyway.

Please excuse some of the generalizations.  There are always exceptions to
the rule.

Mark