[at-l] All this poop and pee stuff..

Hi everybody...

Haven't posted in a while, (at least nothing worthwhile ;) ) but I have
always wondered how can our own little "deposits" in the wilderness be
so much worse for the environment that those of the forest critters??
Not that I am an advocate for a "dump and run" strategy without digging
a hole, etc... but.... as I am filling in my cathole I often wonder
about the horse, moose, ( to name a few of the larger "contributers")
and other animal waste products -- as well as all those livestock in the
stream!

Before the flames start... I do understand that we as hikers confine
our donations to a narrow corridor and we are "guests" and not permanent
residents and all that.  I believe in minimizing impact, but I also believe
in common sense (until somebody proves me wrong).  So add me to the numbers
who won't be carrying a poop pipe either.  Now go ahead and tell me why
human poop is so different and so much more damaging than bear poop.
Maybe it's all that creatine!

Waiting to be enlightened...

Sharon