[at-l] Introduction

Since there seems to be a rash of this sort of thing recently, I thought
this would be a good time
to introduce myself to the list.  I've been lurking for about a month,
and at the same time slowly
working my way through the '97 archives.  There's a lot of good stuff
out there, and I would
definately recommend that any other newbies take some time to browse
through some
of the list's history.  You could learn, for example, why you need to be
very careful when broaching
the subject of umbrellas.

So, a brief bio is in order.  I'm 44, a life long resident of
Connecticut (the land of steady habits),
and got turned on to backpacking when I was in high school.  My first
hike was Salisbury to
Jug End, which is still one of my favorite sections.  Over the years,
I've managed to do most
of the trail in New England, and everything from Washington to Katahdin.
This summer's
adventure will be Monson to Katahdin, in late August/early September.
I've done this section
once before, in '94.

So, I'm looking forward to having fun, learning more, and occasionally
throwing my two cents
into the pot of collective knowledge (or opinion).

Peter Nyberg