[at-l] An Introduction

A belated introduction:

I am an English major at the University of Texas at Austin. My family did
some backpacking and I was a Boy Scout (am a Boy Scout - it's like being in
the CIA - you don't ever really leave.  And I still wear funny-colored
socks).

Backpacking was drudgery until I a) read some of the Romantics and b) spent
a summer in a cubicle.  It made me re-evaluate what I felt about nature and
the lifestyle.  Backpacking became a pleasure (excepting certain minor
parts).  Most of my experience is in New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas.

My older brother, another Eagle Scout but far more experienced, graduates
soon from Georgia Tech. Neither of us have jobs, debts, or wives - when
better to go?  In June, we launch from Maine.

So I'm listening.

Thank you for your answers and your tolerance.

Andrew