Re: [at-l] LNT - Hiking HARD!

>>Why would a hiker move to the downside and take a chance on getting
tumbled
>>over?  Think about it!

I thought about it.  Being a horse owner, I would rather be on the downhill
side assuming that it wasn't a drop-off.  How fast can you scramble uphill?
 Besides, a horse walking on the outside edge of the trail to avoid you on
the uphill side will do more trail damage.  I just don't like the thought
of getting smashed against a cliff.  I mean, if it is so steep that you
have to worry about falling off the mt. it is also steep to go UP the mt.
as a general rule.  It's just my preference or opinion.  Take it whatever
way you want.  I am no authority.

Highlander