Re: [at-l] Parking nearest Katahdin

> Bogey and I are beginning to plan our Maine hike of the AT.
> Do you know of a place we can leave a car nearest to Katahdin.
> I was checking the maps and its kind of confusing.
> p.s. We do not have 4 wheel drive and prefer to stay
> on public roads.

Whatever you do, don't attempt to simply park it on paper company
land. Anything left unattended there for more than a few weeks
(I forget the exact time span) is considered abandoned and is
subject to confiscation by the land owner. This is to keep idiots
from parking their campers at fire permit sites for an entire
summer.

Surely there are shuttle services in Millinocket that would
provide, or at least know of, long term parking arrangements.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->