[at-l] Re: Hiking Poles

Rhymin' Worm said:

"Well, I got my moneysworth out of the REI "climb the world" trekking
poles
(about $60 for the pair), but I wouldn't recommend them for the wear and

tear of a thruhike. They'd be fine for weekend hiking and occasional
longer
trips. They seemed to last about 500 miles before breaking, usually when

the tip snapped off."

From second-hand experience I'd second this emotion.  I hiked with BSUR
last year, and he ahd the same experience with the REI poles.  He went
through several pairs during his hike...

Keebler