[at-l] about poles

hi
time to take advantage of the thread to relate my own pole story.
had one Cascade Design Trek twist model for a while.  after collapsing too
many times while using it for balance and stability, that extra umph (a
technical term, of course) up or knee saving weight bearing assistance
downhill, i  called CD.  they told me to send the pole back to them with a $10
check and they'd fix.  ok thats fair said I and did as instructed.

after a number of days found a long box - the size one might find a dozen long
stem red roses in - on the stoop.  behold ---  inside two, yes, two, new
poles, the push button type and - smart me looking before i trashed/recycled
the box, found my $10 check.  now i'm not a rocket scientist, but i did think
that was a pretty good deal and real decent of Cascade Designs.

and don't feel bad about no red roses - i'd much rather two poles.  i've used
them for 500 miles on the AT without collapsing - the poles that is, not me.

my $.02:  push button style is more reliable that twist/friction type no
matter what brand.

happy trails (my time is approaching - 4/3 at harpers ferry and heading
south!!!!!!),
short job