Re: [at-l] Hiking Poles

>  What are decent hiking poles? Sierra Trading Post has some, but with the
>  shipping charges, I could buy from REI instead.
>
>  Tonto

I have been using Leki Makalu treking poles. I have a friend who used the same
poles on a PCT thru-hike. The tips had to be replaced.

Leki Makalu Exclusive Features

ERGO-SOFT GRIPS
Patented design for the ultimate in comfort and control. Engineered to
work with the biomechanics of the hand. Constructed of a hard plastic
core and soft outer surface. Available in exclusive COR-TEC (cork/latex)
material, natural rubber or plastic. Only LEKI offers a smaller size
grip specifically for women or anyone with a smaller hand.
AUTOLOCK STRAP SYSTEM
An update to our popular buckle-less strap system for maximum comfort
and security. The AutoLock is an internal screw system that allows you
to adjust the release tension of the Automatic Strap.
HTS 6.5 SERIES ALUMINUM SHAFTS
All LEKI models feature the same high-grade aluminum shafts. Nothing is
stronger or lighter! One year warranty against breakage.
EXPANDER ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM
New split-dowel design adjusts faster and tighter than any system on the
market.
ANTISHOCK SPRING SYSTEM
A shock absorbing spring logically placed between the upper and middle
shaft sections. The use of an actual spring (rather than a rubber
dampener) provides ther smoothest, gentlest shock absorption without
loss of security. Available on select models.
CARBIDE FLEXTIP
A replaceable tip ferrule with concave carbide tip hols on rock and ice
more securely and lasts longer than any other tip design. Does not wear
out like steel.
INTERCHANGEABLE BASKET SYSTEM
New threaded tip/basket design allows for quick, easy change of baskets.
Different size baskets are available for summer and winter use.

Leki web site.
Welcome to LEKI-USA

Wildbill