[at-l] REI Dividend

>>After a few years of shopping at REI I finally became a member thinking
>>I would save money.  I used my Visa Check Card

Greg,

That's not REI's problem. There is some info you may need to make a better
evaluation of the situation.

When you use a credit card or debit card, REI still has to give about 3% of
the sale to the bank through which they process the settlement. There was a
big stink in retail since Visa was forcing banks to accept credit and debit
cards and charging the same for both. In reality, the debit cards are low
risk since the money is there for them. Also, for your own protection,
there are more safeguards for using a credit card than a debit card. If you
dispute a credit card billing, they take the amount off immediately until a
determination is made. If you dispute a debit card, they take the amount
off after. Visa recently made some small changes in debit card protection.

So, patronize REI. Their prices are good and they give you something back.
I use my United Airlines Visa card (since frequent flier miles are worth
about .03 each--or 3%.)

Tonto
--
A Tontodonato (ATontodo@doubled.com)