[at-l] We're Here in Atlanta!

Ron & Cheryl wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
> Just want you all to know that everything went great on the trip down
> here. We got a little tour of Atlanta from our host Will. Tomorrow he
> will bring us to the trail head, and we will be off.
>  It is wonderful knowing how much interest everyone has taken from our
> adventure, and it will help us when we are low to know your thoughts are
> with us.
>  Tomorrow looks like a beautiful day down here. Sunny with temps in the
> 60's. A great day for a hike.

To the Class of 98 -

Obviously some of the Class of 98 is leaving - and some have already
left.
Cool - well, it'll definitely be cool for them - and for the others who
are leaving early.  They might get to meet Spring somewhere in Virginia.
Based on past years, leaving before April 1 gives them a 75% chance of
major snowfall.  Christmas on the Trail - in March.  I like it.  Y'all
stay warm.  :-)

Tom Greene hopes that you'll find what you're looking for - and I'll
second that.  But knowing how seldom that happens, I'm also gonna wish
for you that you find what you need. It's rarely the same as what you
think you're looking for.  Keep in mind that they're not mutually
exclusive.

One more wish for you - some people might wish you an easy trip, but I
won't do that to you -- I think more of you than that.  Instead I'll
wish you an interesting trip. It'll be much more memorable than an easy
one - and it'll give you stories to tell your grandchildren.

Remember - adventures are dirty, nasty things that make you late for
dinner. But they do make life worth living. ;-)

Wish we were going with you - but we still have 400 days until we can
leave.

Walk softly,
Jim & Ginny
Bald Eagle & Spirit Walker, '92