Re: [at-l] REI dividend

I'm a little dissapointed with my REI dividend I received.  After
a few years of shopping at REI I finally became a member thinking
I would save money.  I used my Visa Check Card for all my purchases
during 1997 and when my dividend was mailed to me, they only gave
me 8.37% back instead of 10.??% if I had written a check instead.
To me the Visa Check Card and writing a check are the same thing (right?).

Then to top it off, I can only use the dividend for store credit or
I could wait 6 months for a check!!  From now on, I'll only purchase
what I need at REI, food, fuel, etc. and shop around on the bigger
stuff, ie. bags, tents, and packs.

Does anyone know of a better source for equipment ??  After receiving
my '98 Gear Guide issue of Backpacker, I can't wait to buy something!!

--Greg

http://www.hack.net/lists *