Re: [at-l] The View From The Summit of Mount Washington

>  What a wonder of technology this is if you stop for a moment and think
about
>  it. I don't think even Jules Verne thought of this one! The question I
pose,
>  perhaps to our resident computer whiz Waldo, is: How expensive and/or
>  feasible would it be to put up something similar, say from Hot Springs,
>  where listers not lucky enough to be on the trail could see photos of who
>  had walked by that day? It'd be interesting to see which of our e-friends
>  were passing by - a photographic shelter register, so to speak. Anybody
>  wanna donate a digital camera? WF could mount it on the Center<G> Just a
>  thought...  Kurt

It could be done, the lease expensive way would be to use a Sony Digital
MavicaŽ cameras, the MVC-FD5 ($490) and the MVC-FD7 ($690). It stores images
on a standard 3.5" floppy disk, in JPEG format. No wires, cables or drivers.
Up to 40 images per floppy.

The camera could be at one of B&B's (Elmer's or Duckett House) or in one of
the Restaurant's.

The disk when full can than, be sent to Windfoot. That is if he would to do
something like this.

Wildbill