re: [at-l] Ruck/spouse Thanks

Although I haven't done a thru, I have had absenses from my wife
for military & business albeit not as long as a thru.  One method of
reducing problems is to involve your SO in the planning stage.  Jan
and Bob are a good example of a spouse that was involved from beginning
to end.  This allows the non hiking partner to vicariously participate
Of course it also requires the hiker to make an effort to include the
other and remind him/her how miserable the hiker is without the non hiker
(exagerration is allowed here)

Rich