[at-l] Re:Sierra-Clip

I used a Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight 2 person which I imagine might be
similar to the Sierra Designs cd-clip.  It got me from GA to ME just fine
in '88-'89.  It could be somewhat claustrophobic but it didn't bother me
much.  I am 5'6" and wouldn't recommend the tent for folks close to or over
six feet but was able to sleep myself and my pack comfortably and
reasonably dry under most conditions.

The only drawback I found was that the tent didn't "breathe" very well
under wet, humid conditions (half of New Jersey in '89 :->  ).  The fly
fairly effectively prevents most breezes from passing through the tent
unless a substantial wind is coming directly down the front of the tent. I
would have liked the screen at the foot of the tent to be more functional
on those humid occasions but otherwise I can't think of a bad thing to say
about the tent.  It obviously isn't one that you would want to plan on
spending a lot of time in but it worked fine for one person and gear on the
AT.

TTFN,

Chris Vreeland

any fellow aters with experience with sierra designs clip-cd 2 person tent.
the weight at under 4 lbs looks good , but is it claustrophobic ? Jim