[at-l] re: blazes

"brown blaze" had been defined before, but that's not the definition i know!

to me, brown blazing is taking the "old" AT, where they have painted over
the old white blazes with brown paint.  there are a couple schweeeet
examples in PA where you can hike a smooth, straight old dirt road instead
of meandering around on sharp pointy rocks.  how do i know?  don't ask.  as
i was often heard to say, "if it was good enough for grandma gatewood, it's
good enough for me."  i brown blazed a few times, blue blazed a few times,
air blazed up wildcat, three yellow blazes (short, i promise!) - all of
these different colored blazes adds up to - you guessed it - Rainbow
Blazing.  yes, my hike was about 92% white blaze, 8% rainbow.  (i just
pulled those numbers out of a hat, i hope that's about right.  now i'm
curious, and will have to go back and figure it all out).

i think i can hear the monkeys screaming in the cargo hold...

mike
ke kaahawe AT92 TYT94 PCTsoon
mikeh@royalrobbins.com