Re: [at-l] re: What to buy from REI for $100?

Hey all,

The past year I have had a lot of my gear sent to me at work.  Well, needless
to say everyone stands around and looks as I open my mail order packages.  A
week later they are all still talking about my new sleeping bag....... Last
summer had folks there eagerly awaiting info about thruhiker friends and their
adventures, and someone actually dehydrated some jerky for me to take on a
trip last fall.

Not to ramble, but I work near Baltimore and some of these people don't get
out of the city for nothing, but have actually had coworkers come up to me and
ask me how they can get information about this hiking "thing."   Does anyone
have any suggestions?  This would be for people without home computers....

Thanks,

         choovers