[at-l] Re: What to buy from REI for $100?

Tonto writes:

> I have $100 dividend, but don't really need anything. My wife could switch
> from a Ridgerest to a Zrest. I don't want to buy a GPS (and you don't get
> an extra 10% off those anyway.)  We have an REI Nightlight tent (not
> freestanding.)

> Ideas?

One can't have too many books. Expand your knowledge and
skills, or simply entertain yourself off season.

A powerful headlamp: Sure, you may already have a small
lightweight foo-foo backpacking flashlight, but a Petzl
Zoom or one of those dual-bulb jobs are plenty powerful
enough for safe night hiking (an activity worth trying
sometime, not to mention the extra freedom it grants)
and will occasionally find good use in the home or car.

Water shoes. Glass is forever.

If you like wood fires, a zip stove.

Sunglasses that make you look like a jerk.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->