Re: [at-l] Re: Thoughts when hiking

In a message dated 98-02-19 13:07:50 EST, mfuller@somtel.com writes:

<< The more I read, the more I've come to believe that American
 Indians adhered to their professed spirituality and moral
 ideals about as well as Europeans have to the teachings of
 Christ. That is to say, damned little. After all, Indians were
 people; just as petty, arrogant, loathsome, self-serving and
 belligerent as any other peoples who have ever lived.

Geese,  I wouldn't let any such negitive thoughts disturb my hike.  I much
more of a romantic than that.  That would be a burden to carry, my packs heavy
enough.

In denial, Sly