Re: [at-l] What have you forgotten?

Well, this was one of my backpacking trips on Isle Royale (an island in Lake
Superior) and I was with a group of six people.  One of my compadres got up in the
night to take a piss and  cut his big toe very badly [he was wearing sandalls (more
support for the pee bottle method)].  We stitched him up and he was okay but he
didn't feel like he could hike for fear of infection and extreme pain.  He and
another  friend of mine hiked back to the harbor and caught the ferry back to
Michigan and took one of the cars home.  (We were only two days out).  That day we
had a beautiful, hot, humid, miserable hike.  Immediately uppon reaching camp it
began pouring rain.  We hurredly began setting up camp.  I pulled my half of the
tent out of my pack and remembered that my tent partner was the one who had cut his
toe very badly and was en route to Madison (Home).  I looked over at another friend
of mine who was in the same predicament (His partner had accompanied Ed home).  I
wanted to cry.  We crammed four people in to the remaining two man tent for the
remainder of the trip.  We also had to make due with no syrup, and no coffee.  I
still wanted to cry.  It was a good trip, but I don't think that tent will ever be
the same (We smelled pretty bad).

"No man likes to be smoked out of his hole in Febuary" -Edward Abbey