[at-l] I guess it is official

  Last night the nursing staff of where I worked threw a going away party
for me. My employment at this hospital started when I was sixteen, and I
have been there for eight years now holding one position or another. Guess
you could say I more or less grew up there. I now leaving my safety net of
these past years to go take a hike.Next week my friends are taking me out,
and it will probably be the last time I see them until Maine.
	Goodbyes put things into perspective. I really know now deep in my gut how
different my life is going to be in the next six months. Even as recently
as two weeks ago, I did not have this feeling in my gut, now I have it. Weird.

Life is an adventure they say, but saying the goodbyes before the
advenuture begins has been difficult.

-Paul "Magaroni"

ps. I must say, medical people give the oddest going away gifts. I received
a personalized urinal(?!) that has written on it "Herbal Pee" and the
charming ditty of "You travel the trail to look and see, but sometimes you
have to stop and pee" (Ain't that the truth! :D ), along with a line on the
100 cc mark that said "Drink more fluids!", finally it also had written on
it "Beware of poison ivy, leaves of three, let them be"! About the oddest
gift a person could receive for a going away present!!!!! :)