Re: [at-l] Last Minute Item For Thru Hike

> Date:          Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:50:22 -0500
> From:          Tim Hewitt <thewitt@spf.fairchildsemi.com>
> Subject:       Re: [at-l] Last Minute Item For Thru Hike
> To:            at-l@saffron.hack.net

> I read somewhere that it was no longer necessary to bring your own smoke
> shifter along on thru-hikes, that thru-hikers were allowed to use the ones at
> the shelters, first come, first served, with priority over section hikers.
>
> If this is NOT the case, I'm in big trouble, as I gave mine away to the local
> scout troup... Please let me know ASAP!  Although I have no interest in
> hunting snipe while on this trip, I can think of many other good uses.
>
> Paddler (GA>ME 99)

Tim,
	You re going to need to get that amoke shifter back.  The secret is
out.  Solarbear and the snipes are aharpening the rocks in PA.  If
you are not careful the snipes will be a major problem in PA this
year.  It may also be useful in defending yourself from the monkeys.

We are finally have sun and moderate temperatures.  Tomorrow is
suppose to be nice,  I will be heading to Windgap and doing a littl
hiking.  Let you know how thr trail is.

Grey Owl