[at-l] re cameras (again) - an interesting insight

boy, ya learn something every day.

i got out my pentax ME super 35mm SLR camera the other day.  as i was
really weighs?

i got out the trusty kitchen scale, and wow, was i blown away:

oylmpus stylus, w/ baterry, w/film:             6oz
pentax slr w/battery, w/film, w/nice strap:     8oz    :O

EIGHT OUNCES???  i couldn't believe it.  i'm going to bring both in to
weigh on our digital postal scale at work, but i am going to consider my
pentax on all hikes from now on.  geez, all this fuss over 2oz.  granted,
it's not a nikon F1, which is a fantastic camera that weighs a ton, but i
know i can take some awesome pictures with it.
(btw - 50mm fixed lens on the pentax)

mike
ke kaahawe AT92 TYT94 PCTsoon
mikeh@royalrobbins.com