Subtitled:  How to Prepare for & Hike It
Author:  Jan D. Curran
Published by:  Rainbow Books, Inc. P.O.Box 430, Highland City FL 33846-0430
	(941-648-4420)
1995,192 pp., ISBN 1568250509 (hard cover); ISBN 1568250517 (paperback)
Cover price: $6.00
Notes:  A planning guide for the would-be thru-hiker or someone planning a
shorter section, with maps, appendices, bibliography, and index.  Information
on necessary equipment, how to hike (pacing, sanitation, trail etiquette,
etc.) and how to prepare--history of the trail, books to read, and maps to
acquire.  Appendices include a list of Post Offices within 6 miles of the
trail, equipment manufacturers' addresses and phone numbers, and ATC trail
clubs.  Well-organized advice from a hiker who regrets what he didn't know
when he started his hike at Springer Mountain in 1986.  Written by the
author of "The Appalachian Trail: A Journey of Discovery" (see BOOKS/CHAPTERS).

The URL for the Trailplace AT Bibliography is
	http://trailplace.com/cgi-bin/htmlscript?category_bibliography.hts

Happy reading!  --  Earthworm