[at-l] Tyvek

Is the jury still out on Tyvek?
    It seems like cool stuff, there's lots of different grades of Tyvek
and it looks like they all have different properties.  It looks like the
primary use for Tyvek is disposable safety apparel.  It makes me wonder
about the long term durability.  Also has any one tried sealing the
seams on a piece of equipment made with Tyvek.  I found one company that
was making garments out of Tyvek, they rave about the durability and
breath ability of Tyvek but they say it will keep you dry for only about
an hour in moderate rainfall.  It is possible and even very likely that
the type of Tyvek they were using is Tyvek16 which is permeated with
lots of tiny little holes to make it more breathable.  All the same, I
think that there is enough doubt in my mind that I am going to avoid
using Tyvek to make any gear for my through hike.  Just thought I'd
share.  On a less gear nerd related note...  Wait a minute, I really
don't have anything worth-while to say.
                     Sorry,
                           Eric