Re: [at-l] Greyhound Lines Address

someone wrote:

> This Greyhound experience sounds like it was beyond the control of
> Greyhound.  Most (if not all) of the bus terminals are independently
> (locally?) owned.  I suspect the rude employee was employed by the owner of
> the bus terminal, not Greyhound.

My disgust with Greyhound is not based on the end of the story,
the rudness of the employee that was Chase's most recent contact.
My anger is based on the careless, thoughtless and inept manner
with which the entire affair was handled.

//careless....that the bag was not transfered to the correct bus
                  when Chase transfered due to routing.
//thoughless....that Greyhound, the parent company if so be the
                  case, had no, or did not properly follow a system to
                  track down and return Chase's bag in a timely manner
                  so that he could start his vacation hike.
//inept....that any company could so botch an operation that should
                   be an integral past of their service; ie connecting passenger
                  and luggage at the end of the line.
Let's not forget,
                  the bag was not found for_months.  Had Beau not loaned
                  Chase equipement and Chase not bought new stuff to boot.
                  (pun intended) the vacation would have been wasted .
                  Chase had to spend out of pocket for room and board
                  while he waited for his pack.  This money has never been
                  recouped.  And the time, which could and should have
                  been spent on the trail was spent, instead, hanging around
                  the bus station to see if his pack was on the next bus.
Also, Chase was told a variety of stories, including a denial of his claim
                  for the missing equipement because, they insisted the pack
                  had already been returned to him.  And now, it is found,
                  only because it started to stink up wherever they left it.

As much as I hate the thought of surrendering the driving to anyone, I
have to face the fact that occasionally I'm going to have to take a bus
to a trailhead.  I'd freak if I had to waste my precious vacation time.
hanging around town waiting for my pack to surface.  The whole
episode stinks....probably worse than Chase's pack!!!

I feel that 'corporate' Greyhound has a right and a duty to expect better
treatement of it's customers than Chase recieved.  If they don't know
this story they should know.  If they do know and don't care, we should
know....for our own protection.
So I say again.....TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!1

Kahley