[at-l] Re: ATML Actual Katahdin Opening Dates (repost due to the Hack)

James:
on 02-06-98 you wrote;
>That last post made me think this guy Trader John got the SH*T scared
>out of him when he hiked up the Abol trail.  And those bad Nazi park
>rangers!  oooh.  I don't go near that place without a Kevlar vest and
>night vision goggles.

>Hey TRADER JOHN:  PICK YOUR SKIRT UP!

>Time To Fly '97

>James D. Sodt
>Account Manager
>Molloy Group- Knowledge Delivery Systems
>(973) 540-1212 ext. 231
>jsodt@molloy.com
>http://www.molloy.com

  Ahem.
  The post was in response to some information posted to the list concerning
the date southbounders could attempt to start their hike by summiting
Katahdin.
  The reference to the Abol trail concerned a posted report that a winter
hiker had fallen several hundred feet, almost killing himself on that trail.
  The reference to the rangers monitoring the above treeline areas when they
are closed concerns the dangerous and potentially deadly practice of
southbounders to bootleg the summit. I admire the BSP rangers and staff, and
consider your use of 'Nazi' an extremely unfortunate example of your lack of
knowledge of both Nazism and the dedicated BSP staff.
  Concerning my calling Abol 'dangerous at all times'... well, after 35 years
of hiking and backpacking Baxter, all I can say is trust me on that.
  And, by the way, it's not a skirt... it's a kilt. <g>
  Happy Trails!
  TraderJohn