Re: [at-l]homemade pack (was: reporting from Outdoor Retailer)

You wrote:

> Hey Steven,
> I made the pack that I carry, it's mounted on an Alpinlite frame (welded
> aluminum). We weighed it at Pine Grove last week end, 4 1/4 pounds. It's
> about 3,400 cubic inches and pockets can be added for another 200-1500
> cubic inches, but I rarely use any of them. I've never used a pack I
> liked half as much.The Professor had a very nice homemade pack too, he
> also made most of his frame. Making gear is fun, I'm about to make a new
> pack for my frame. This will be the 5th pack I've made (only 2 for me).
>
> woodelf

I remember Alpinlite.  They were located, at least for a short period of
time, in Claremont, California.  I used to go to their retail store in
Claremont all the time when I was a kid.  I thought their frame was
interesting but I had a new Kelty frame and couldn't afford another one.