Re: [at-l]homemade pack (was: reporting from Outdoor Retailer)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:34:10 -0500 "Steven Dopp" <dopp@ncfrpc.org> writes:
snip
>  Okay, how about a nice external
>frame
>pack with a stiff backband, decent hip belt, and weighs approx. 3.5
>lbs?
>
>I keep thinking I'm going to have to manufacture my own!

Hey Steven,
I made the pack that I carry, it's mounted on an Alpinlite frame (welded
aluminum). We weighed it at Pine Grove last week end, 4 1/4 pounds. It's
about 3,400 cubic inches and pockets can be added for another 200-1500
cubic inches, but I rarely use any of them. I've never used a pack I
liked half as much.The Professor had a very nice homemade pack too, he
also made most of his frame. Making gear is fun, I'm about to make a new
pack for my frame. This will be the 5th pack I've made (only 2 for me).

woodelf