[at-l] Good towns and people in PA

Being a native of South Eastern PA. and hiking all of the A.T. in PA. (at
least twice), I can say that the good things outnumber the bad. For one thing
the trail towns seem to be much more Hiker friendly. I once broke an ankle
just before the town of Port Clinton. My wife was to pick me up at Duncannon
several days later. After unsuccessfully trying to reach her a total stranger
gave me a ride to the nearest Hospital and then carted me the hour and a half
ride home. Trail Magic at its finest.

(I broke my ankle traversing a rockslide. Go figure.)

Eric
"Bad Ankles" GA-ME 99