[at-l] The AT for 5th graders

Hi, all - I'm going to delurk for a few minutes to ask a favor.  I'm a
speical education teacher in Fairfax, VA.  I have a group of 10 (or so
depending on the day) 5th graders who have expressed an interest in the
AT.  I did a unit for another group several years ago, but didn't have
the benfit of all the internet sites available and of courxe not all the
resources of the mialing lists. (forgive the spelling-remember I teach
kids with learning disabilities)  I'm planing the unit again this year,
but would love to have the kids have contact with someone who is really
hiking all that way -- that's there words.  They actually didn't beleive
anybody could or would walk that far.  I would like to have someone who
would be willing to communicate with the - either electronically or
snail mail.  We would of, course respond.  I have a few other ideas,
too.  But if anyone is interested, I'd love to hear from you and I could
sahre my ideas and hopes for the unit.
I'd also like to have someone who has completed a hike come and talk
with them - if anyone who lives in the area is willing.  My school is in
Centreville.
Thanks for the help. Back to lurking.
Carolyn