Re: [at-l] PLEASE suggest a trail

I hiked the Bruce Trail in Ontario last summer, and I can thoroughly recommend it.
It runs along a huge limestone ridge called the Niagra Escarpment, towards the end
of the trail it turns into a peninsula that juts out into Lake Huron.  I had a
beautiful time, however it is not going to be the finished trail that you are
looking for.  You will hike on roads and through farmer's fields.  If you want to
hike the Bruce and do fifty to a hundred, I would recommend just hiking the
peninsula portion of the trail (the end of the trail).  It is by far the most scenic
and the most rugged you will hike along bluffs and along rock beaches and through
swampy areas.  The trail is rough so wear good boots.  The Bruce Trail Association
puts out a very nice trail guide.  It comes with topo maps and a map case, plus it's
really, really cheap.  We flew into Toronto and took a bus to Niagra on the lake
where the trail starts, but there is no reason that you couldn't start closer to the
peninsula.
               Eric