Re: [at-l] PA Rocks-NEW TOPIC

----------
> The one bad thing about the Ruck was all the jokes
> and cracks about the rocky Pa. Trail. I know
> there are 98er's on this list.  So please...purty
> please.  Everyone delve deep and come up with
> something good thry can look forward to about the PA Trail.
> There has to be something you guys remember with
> fondness.
> I'll start with the 8ft tall Duncannon Bear!
> Shows a great sense of humor and guarantees everyone
> sees at least one bruin from GA>ME.
>

> * From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists
I was reading the journal at Kirkridge shelter earlier this year and one of
the hiker had written:

God greated the universe in six days.  Like any major construction project
there was a lot of left overs so GOd dumped all the rocks in PA.

Earlier this summer I was hiking a trail in the Blue Ridge Mountain Scout
Reservation.  I mentioned to one of the staff the lack of rocks.  He
replied that they were all shipped to PA.

It is obvious that we have more than our fair share of rocks on the AT.
This year each thought hiker must pick up a rock and take it home with them.

Bob Dudley
Grey Owl
rdudley@fsi.net
The rodent lied, but we will have a Nor'ester tomorrow.