[at-l] Tyvek

My Environmental Catalog just came from:

Forestry Suppliers, Inc.
P.O. Box 8397
Jackson, MS 39284-8397
Phone 800-647-5368.

They have "General Purpose Tyvek Coveralls" listed. "Tough, tear, snag, and
puncture-resistant spun-bonded white Tyvek resists penetration by most
organic chemicals, asbestos, and toxic dusts. Sewn seams are rolled for
additional strength and smooth fit. Zippers are spark proof . Strong
synthetic thread is used for less linting and added strength. These
coveralls are opaque to eliminate show-through and can be worn comfortably
over under garments only or over street clothes. Zipper front closure, open
cuffs. White." A large without hood (33324) lists for $4.55 and weighs 4
oz; with hood (32514) lists for $5.35 and weighs 8 oz. Also listed are
"Special Purpose Polyethylene Coated Yellow Tyvek Coveralls" and "Superior
Protection Saranex Tyvek Coveralls"

These are made for environmental cleanup. I don't know how well they would
do in the rain or in trail useage. The picture shows the zipper on the
front without apparent rain protection. (At least it won't spark). Maybe
the top could be cut off and have a 2 oz rain jacket.

Stumblefoot