Re: [at-l] down revisited

Jeff Mosenkis wrote:

> every so-often someone brings up the subject of down bags on the

My experience with down bags is limited to about 4 years and 500 miles
of section hiking, but I've never had my bag get wet, even though I have
been out in some nasty rain that soaked me to the bone.  I certainly
take precautions to keep it dry, such as lining the stuff sack with a
plastic bag and putting my pack rain cover on at the slightest hint of
rain. Switching to a down bag and dropping the extra 2 pounds was, IMHO,
one of the best decisions I've made with respect to gear.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...