Re: [at-l] Time to face FAQs?

> Milt Webb, IQ Software wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Ryan Brooks wrote:
> > > Ditto.  Excellent Idea.   Who wants to start posting questions?
> >
> > Everyone .... don't forget Kathy Bilton's AT page. She started a FAQ
and
> > even though it only has a few questions I feel that should be part of
the
> > process. She may not have time to work on it, but she does have a
place to
> > post it...Kathy are you out there?

Yes, I'm still out here...

I'd certainly be happy to add to the small FAQ I've got on the page,
if you all provided the q.'s and a.'s... :-)

> > In case you haven't visited her site before it's at
> > http://www.fred.net/kathy/at.html

One of the pages there is the advice page at:
 http://www.fred.net/kathy/at/advice.html which has pointers to lots
of hiking advice pages, including the non-AT specific "distilled
wisdom" from rec.backcountry, as well as the "Walking the AT Step by
Step" booklet of the ATC, in addition to various other sources.
(The advice.html started as about 2 posts from rec.backcountry,
then expanded when David Bailey sent in some emails in which he had
been advising someone about preparations for doing a thruhike, and
eventually grew to include quite a number of links.)

> > She puts a lot of personal time in maintaining a really, really great
> > resource.

Thanks!! (and you've been so wonderful in providing the great
graphics on the main page!! At least I think that was Milt's
quote...)

--Kathy
kathy@fred.net