[at-l] Re: AT98 AT 98 list....good idea??

Well, as a 98-er who's not on any other lists, I'm glad that I have this
option, originally only because I'm pretty much at the limit of my email
capacity, but now that Kahley has forwarded Owen's comments and added her
own I have other reasons. There are folks on the 98 list who are on the
ATML, and topics cross over to at98 often enough that I regularly wonder
if I haven't missed some email somewhere along the line, so we aren't
nearly so isolated as Owen or Kahley suggests. Kahley may have a more
valid point about the main list being isolated from us -- we do seem armed
with boundless enthusiasm -- but if so that can only be because the many
who do subscribe to both lists are, for whatever reason, choosing to lurk
on the main list.  If this is the case, that inclines me to stick to at98.
I like that we're all in the same boat, and we all do have access to
Trailplace for past wisdom.  I have used it, and have been excited by and
grateful for what I've gleaned from veterans' posts, but I'd be resistant
to having a whole list of past hikers telling me what worked for them.
Even so, I do regularly think about subscribing to the ATML, and I may
when my fellows on at98 head for the Trail and I'm still counting days,
but in the meantime I have enough to do without tripling my Trail Mail.

--Mitten Chick