[at-l] A little rhym needed for the workcrews

Rhymin' Worm,

Very Nice rhym.

Maybe you can make up a little one for the work crews on the AT as they
clean up the mess from all those ice storms and cleaning the trails.

 - Tom 'hikenet' Caggiano

My view of the AT scene went something like this, I'll post some photos as
soon as I get them out of the camera as I still have some film left.
I'll post'em on the web. I have posted my quick impressions below.

          Ice of Ninety-Eight

As old man winter spread his icy breathe of 98
The trail became savaged under his weight
The ice was thick and the forest got thin
The birch trees and buds glistened with nature's clear coatings.

And they arched under the great weight until the pressure was too great
With a loud snap, they and many of nature's hardwood finest crashed to the
forest floor
And nature's blue skies and silence returned.

Sunbeams now spread across the tree sprewn forest floor
With many a tree now only a remembrance of its past.

Among the millions of broken limbs and branches
The squirrels now scamper along the forest floor
As their homes and trail blazes are gone.

The maintaining teams will again led the charge
Up the mountains and over the knolls they will go
With chain saw and cutters in hand.

The trail lies deep below beneath nature's fury
But spring flowers will bring us nature's wonders.

With paint and brushes in hand
We will clear the trail and mark new blazes
And new meadows and spring flowers will again appear.

The trail will once again evolve and
We will wonder along again in its newborn magestic majestry
And we will always remember the breathe of time and 98.