Re: [at-l] temp/alt?

According to the books I have it's 5.4 deg. per 1000' (as stated in an
earlier post) in "stable" air but 3 deg.+- per 1000' is a good average.
Every 1000' gain in elevation is equal to 300 miles travel north, more or
less. It's stated that both of these formulas are correct in a perfect
world, but conditions are affected by a lot of other things.

I've also found contrary to the popular "stand still" theory, it's better
to run in the rain so fewer drops land on you and you stay drier.   :-)

woodelf