Re: [at-l] water

> To those who have or going to hike the AT, what do you do about water
>  filtration?  Do you bring a water purifer, tablets, boil the water, etc?

I have used the same water filter on three hikes of the AT. 18 month's of
daily use.
I used a Katadyn PF Pocket Filter, it filters up to13,000 gallons. This filter
is $$$. When I got my filter, the selecton was the Katadyn or First Need. I
have hiked with other hikers who did not theat the water or used tablets. I
have seen both types come down giardia.

REI has good information on selection of chemical treatments, filters and
purifiers.
Here is the link to there How to Choose page.
<A HREF="http://www.rei.com/OLC/choose/choosetop.html">REI: Outdoor Learning
Center--How to choose</A>

Wildbill
GA to ME 89