[at-l] Trailgrub (sans dehydrator) Ideas?

In the interest of discovering meal alternatives, does anyone have any
suggestions for dinners/lunches that taste pretty good and don't require a
dehydrator. I recall a recent Backpacker Magazine article (November?) which
ranked freeze-dried foods on taste, weight, etc. Can anyone verify this?
For some reason the Teriyaki Chicken & Rice entree stands out. I'm thinking
of these freeze-dried meals as a supplement to the lipton, tuna, bagel,
rice, canned chicken, granola meals that I'll undoubtedly be sick of in
short time.

Also, are the trailtowns in GA/TN going to be an option for decent
restocking and do they plan ahead for the masses of optimistic filth which
devour everything in sight? I'm not looking forward to living on cheerios
and head-cheese for days at a time. What about Xerox machines in trailtowns?

Apolgies for the long post.

Lurking (not) in Seattle,
Crispy
GA --ME '98