Re: [at-l] Advantix camera suggestions.

ChsyHkr wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the new Advantix Film cameras.
> <snip>

I used a Kodak Advantix 4100 on my thru-hike last year. Shot between 25 and 30 rolls
of film and all in all, I'd say that it is a great little camera. Pretty good photo
quality, zoom lens, dated shots. It is heaver than I would like, but then again
EVERYTHING is heaver than I would like. I had to replace the batteries once in SNP,
and again when I got to Maine. This camera got wet, frozen, wet & very hot many
times and it still works flawlessly.

BTW, stopping for photo-ops was a good way to get the locals to loosen up - "hey
man, you mean that you are gonna take MY picture???" -
But, I did have several days that were shortened considerably because I could use
the camera for a distraction when I just didn't feel like hiking.

I like the format, the panoramic cropping & the reliability.

good hiking...

Bob
AT '97